Simpsons Gap Tours and Tickets
Simpsons Gap is one of the most prominent areas in the West MacDonnell Ranges, home to one of the most well-known waterholes of the Alice Springs region.
There are a few bush walks nearby, including the short Ghost Gum Walk and longer Cassia Hill Walk, which takes one hour each way. Longer walks around Simpsons Gap include the Woodland Trail, which connects Simpsons Gap with Bond Gap on an 11-mile (17-km) return track, and sections one and two of the Larapinta Trail. Visitors also have the opportunity to picnic at Simpsons Gap, with gas barbecues available for free use, or opt for a bicycle ride along a sealed track.
The rare black-footed rock wallaby is often seen at Simpsons Gap, best seen in the early morning or late afternoon. The wallaby is one of several creatures unique to Australia’s Red Centre.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Simpsons Gap
- Alice Springs Desert Park
- Larapinta Trail
- Mt. Gillen
- Mbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum (Mbantua Aboriginal Art Gallery)
- Finke Gorge National Park
- Alice Springs School of the Air Visitor Centre
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum)
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre
- Anzac Hill
- Kangaroo Sanctuary
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- MacDonnell Ranges
- Standley Chasm (Angkerle Atwatye)
- Hermannsburg (Ntaria)