The scenic Dutch village of Zaanse Schans is most famous for its windmills, once used to power everything from paint-making to paper production. Today, the Zaanse Schans is set up like an open-air museum, with five working windmills open to visitors. Wander the village, view the preserved architecture, and watch the locals at work—in their traditional wooden shoes and Dutch garb, naturally. Green wooden houses, a historic shipyard, and a pewter factory are among the village’s top attractions.
Tours and tickets to Experience Zaanse Schans
Should I book Zaanse Schans tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Zaanse Schans 2021?
What's the best way to experience Zaanse Schans?
- Keukenhof Gardens and Zaanse Schans Windmill Village guided day tour
- Volendam, Marken and Windmills Day Trip from Amsterdam
- Day Trip to Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam and Marken from Amsterdam
- Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans guided day Tour with Amsterdam Canal Cruise
Things to do near Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders