Founded in 1910, Kambly has long been one of Switzerland’s most popular biscuit brands. At the Kambly Experience in Trubschachen, sweet-toothed visitors can explore a recreation of the first Kambly bakery, sample the brand’s 100-strong biscuit collection, or get hands-on experience baking and decorating, with kid-friendly classes running twice a week.
Put aside around an hour to munch your way around the Kambly Experience, more if you’re planning to attend a class. Due to its Emmental Valley location, the confectionery is a popular stop on tours of central Switzerland; guided or app-led bike tours are a great to way to soak up the natural sights, while convenient connections from Bern, Interlaken, and Lucerne make the attraction a top destination for a half-day trip.
Things to know before you go
- The Kambly Experience is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
- There is a cafe and shop on site.
- Though standard admission is free, classes must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Biscuit samples are unlimited, so don’t fill up before you arrive.
How to get there
The confectionery is a 5–minute walk from Trubschachen Station, which connects directly to both Lucerne and Bern. The commemorative Kambly Train runs twice a day from Tuesday to Sunday; otherwise, regular standard services connect the stations. There is a large on-site parking lot that gets very busy during peak times.
When to get there
The kid-friendly Kambly Experience gets very busy on Saturdays and during school holidays, so visit midweek to avoid the largest crowds. The confectionery is closed on Sundays and major national holidays.
Sweet, Sweet Switzerland
Switzerland is well known for its sweet treats and Kambly is just one of many national producers offering factory store or behind-the-scenes access. Other highlights include the Maison Caillier Museum in Broc, which reveals the history of Switzerland’s oldest chocolate maker, as well as the Chocolat Frey Visitor Center near Aarau, Maestrani’s Chocolarium in Flawil, and the Lindt & Sprüngli Factory Store just outside Zurich.
- Things to do in Neuchâtel
- Things to do in Interlaken
- Things to do in Lauterbrunnen
- Things to do in Grindelwald
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Crans-Montana
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Swiss Alps