Things to Do in Boston This Spring
With warmer temperatures and the calm that precedes summer, spring is the ideal season to discover Boston. As the days lengthen, there’s plenty to do and see, from whale-watching cruises and historical city tours to discovering the picture-postcard New England coast. Here are some tips for enjoying Boston this spring.
- Check out Boston’s top sights on a hop-on hop-off tour by vintage-style trolley.
- Head out to sea to spot migrating humpbacks and other species of whales on a whale-watching boat trip.
- Retrace the footsteps of Boston’s 18th-century American revolutionaries on a walk along the Freedom Trail.
- Discover Boston Common, Quincy Market, and Cambridge’s Harvard University and Harvard Square on an in-depth Boston day tour.
- Enjoy the spring air and views of Boston’s historic USS Constitution tall ship on a harbor dinner cruise.
- Brave an evening ghost tour to experience some of Boston’s spookiest places and legends.
- Soak in the springtime scenery and rugged capes north of Boston on a coach tour of New England’s coast.
- Dig into a lobster roll and more of Boston’s classic seafood and Italian fare on a food tour of Boston’s cobbled North End.
- Explore the strange events surrounding 1692’s witch trials and executions on a day trip to Salem, Massachusetts.
- Reenact the 1773 dumping of chests of British tea into Boston Harbor at the Tea Party Ships and Museum.