Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
Situated close to the Historium, Belfry, and Salvador Dali Gallery, the Bruges Beer Museum is an easy stop off during a day’s city sightseeing, with guided tours typically beginning outside in the Market Square. Beer-themed tours often include the museum along with other hoppy hotspots such as Bourgogne des Flandres Brewery. Other options include self-led or private city tours. A tablet-lead tour across the museum’s three floors comes included with a ticket, with non-alcoholic quests available for kids.
Things to know before you go
- The museum is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Strollers are welcome, but be aware that there is no elevator.
- Free Wi-Fi and lockers are available inside the museum.
- Some tours include tastings in the price; otherwise, there is a small additional charge for sample tokens.
How to get there
The Bruges Beer Museum is situated on the southeast corner of Market Square, within one minute’s walk of the Belfry of Bruges. From Bruges train station, it’s around a 20-minute walk to the plaza, though all De Lijn buses stop somewhere nearby, such as Brugge Dijver, Brugge Wollestraat, or Brugge Markt. There are several metered parking lots around the city center, though it’s both easier and cheaper to get around the city on foot.
When to get there
The museum opens seven days a week, except Christmas and January 1st, making it an ideal option for rainy Sundays in the city. On Saturdays, the museum and bar remain open well into the evening, making for a lively start to a night out. The last entry is one hour before closing.
Breweries and Beer Houses of Bruges
Beer enthusiasts don’t have to go far in Bruges for a traditional Flemish drink. Stand-out examples include the Bourgogne des Flandres Brewery and De Halve Maan Brewery, two working breweries where visitors can experience the brewing process from distillation to drinking, and the Brugs Beertje Beerhouse, which serves around 300 unique Belgian beers. Beer tours often visit all of these attractions for an overview of Bruges’ beer culture at its finest.
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Historium Brugge
- Burg Square
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum
- Friet Museum
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital)
- Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)