The 65-acre Middleton Place, a former rice plantation along the Ashley River, has persisted under the guidance of the Middleton family, without changing hands, for more than 320 years. Visitors to this National Historic Landmark home—built in 1755 by the father of Arthur Middleton, who signed the Declaration of Independence—can explore the Middleton Place house, the lavish landscaped gardens (the oldest in the nation), and the stable yards, where staff dressed in period clothing demonstrate weaving, blacksmithing, carpentry, and other trades formerly undertaken by slaves.
Tours and tickets to Experience Middleton Place
What are Middleton Place hours of operation?
Should I book Middleton Place tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Middleton Place 2021?
What's the best way to experience Middleton Place?
- Middleton Place Tour & Lunch with Transportation from Charleston
- Half-Day Private Tour Up Ashley River Road with Lunch Box
- 30 Minute Private Vacation Photography Session with Photographer in Charleston
- 60 Minute Private Vacation Photography Session with Photographer in Charleston
Things to do near Charleston
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Florida