There are plenty of stunning churches, glorious cathedrals and ornate temples throughout the world, but few offer up service with a view quite like the one located inside the Chicago Temple Building. This 23-floor building was built in 1924 and is, without a doubt, the tallest church in the world.
Travelers can visit this iconic destination, which is home to the Methodist Church, and see the 1,000-seat sanctuary located on the first floor, or head to the Sky Chapel. With seating for just 30 people, this tiny but beautiful sanctuary—complete with 16 stained glass windows—is the highest indoor worship space of record.
Should I book Chicago Temple tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Chicago Temple 2021?
What's the best way to experience Chicago Temple?
- Discover the Chicago Pedway and Other Secrets of the Loop
- Loop Interior Architecture Walking Tour with Pedway
Things to do near Chicago
- Things to do in Illinois
- Things to do in Cleveland
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Ohio
- Things to do in Ontario