Top Emilia-Romagna Rail Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Tours by Duration
Art & Culture
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
How to Get Around
Private Sightseeing Tours
Street Art Tour
Cruises & Sailing
Likely To Sell Out
Ports of Call Tours
3 results | All Emilia-Romagna Tours
Sort by: Featured
How much Italian heritage can you pack into one day? The answer is ‘a lot’ when you go on a private day trip to the fabulous city of Ravenna! Your friendly and knowledgeable local host will be by your side as you travel by train from Bologna, to show you all the iconic sights and help bring history alive with facts, stories, and insights. Fast forward 1500 years, and much of heritage that is still intact, from Byzantine basilicas to a beautifully preserved royal mausoleum. In fact, there are no fewer than 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Ravenna! Of all its many treasures, the city is best known for its mosaics, and you’ll be taken to see some exquisite examples. Beyond these mosaics are plenty more fabulous sights, including the marble basin of the Neonian Baptistry, the 570 golden stars inside the Mausoleo of Galla Placidia, and the eye-catching mix of architecture at the octagonal Basilica of San Vitale. If you’re interested in history at all, this is a must-do trip!
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Thanks to this FULL DAY tour you'll have the chance to discover the stunning wonders of this land: Bologna and Ravenna. Both cities were protagonists in the historic panorama of this part of Italy. The presence of the University, the oldest in the Western world, has made BOLOGNA a cultural center of extraordinary importance. We'll visit the most evocative monuments and places in the city center. RAVENNA, a Unesco site known worldwide because of its early Christian era mosaics, gives you the opportunity to see preserved monuments from the 5th and 6th century. We will meet in Bologna in the morning and we will visit the city center highlights. Then together we'll catch the train to Ravenna. * I would be happy to customize this tour so that it fits your requirements best!
Cremona, the city of violins, Stradivari, Torrone nougat and much more! Through this full day tour we will discover its history and its most important monuments. Train tickets are included in order to get to the city. Leave from Milan Central Station at 8.20 am ( we will send you the train tickets) . You will reach Cremona in one hour. Once in Cremona you will meet our Professional Guide and you will walk through Corso Garibaldi street, to reach The City Hall, the main Cathedral, also called the Sistine Chapel of northern Italy, and the vertical museum hosted in the local bell tower, the so called Torrazzo (112 meter high ). Then you will experience the musical culture of the city with an interactive visit to the Violin Museum. Free time for shopping and lunch. Do not miss the opportunity to visit the historical shops of the old town and to buy the delicious Torrone, the traditional dessert. At 5.30 you will get the train back to Central Station and at 6.40 PM you will be in Milan.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Rail Tours in Emilia-Romagna?
The best Rail Tours in Emilia-Romagna according to Viator travelers are:
What Rail Tours in Emilia-Romagna are taking additional safety precautions?
These Emilia-Romagna experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Rail Tours in Emilia-Romagna are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Emilia-Romagna may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Basilica of San Domenico (Basilica di San Domenico) Tours & Tickets
- Este Castle (Castello Estense) Tours & Tickets
- Lamborghini Museum (Museo Lamborghini) Tours & Tickets
- Parmesan Cheese Museum (Museo del Parmigiano Reggiano) Tours & Tickets
- Prendiparte Tower (Torre Prendiparte) Tours & Tickets
- Basilica of San Vitale (Basilica di San Vitale) Tours & Tickets
- Ferrari Museum (Museo Ferrari) Tours & Tickets
- Sanctuary of the Madonna of San Luca (Santuario della Madonna di San Luca) Tours & Tickets
- Diamond Palace (Palazzo dei Diamanti) Tours & Tickets
- Barozzi Palace (Palazzo Barozzi) Tours & Tickets
- Bologna University Quarter Tours & Tickets
- Oltremare Tours & Tickets
- Albergati Palace (Palazzo Albergati) Tours & Tickets
- Aquafan Riccione Tours & Tickets
- National Gallery of Bologna (Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna) Tours & Tickets
- Marconi Museum (Museo Marconi) Tours & Tickets
- Oratory of Santa Cecilia (Oratorio Di Santa Cecilia) Tours & Tickets
- Cattolica Aquarium (Acquario di Cattolica) Tours & Tickets
- Mirabilandia Tours & Tickets
- Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio (Teatro Anatomico dell'Archiginnasio) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia