Things to Do in Florence This Summer
Florence is fabulous any time of year, but summertime means balmy weather, Tuscan sunshine, and plenty of opportunities to eat, drink, and explore the Renaissance capital. Here are some of our favorite ways to experience Florence’s attractions and culture this summer.
- Use the heat as an excuse to eat as much gelato as you can stand, and even learn how to make your own at a cooking class.
- Enjoy cooler weather and admire illuminated landmarks on a nighttime walking tour or bike tour.
- Cruise through the hills outside the city on a Vespa adventure.
- Take a boat ride on the Arno River for another perspective on Florentine architecture.
- Enjoy refreshing cocktails and Italian snacks on an aperitivo tour.
- Rise above the picturesque countryside on a hot-air-balloon ride.
- Discover Chianti wine on a Tuscany wine tour.
- Breathe in the fresh air above the hot pavement on a tour of the Duomo’s exclusive skywalk terraces.
- Head to the coast on a Cinque Terre day trip to beat the heat and explore these exquisite Ligurian villages.