Top Kyoto Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Travelers flock to Kyoto for its historic temples and cherry blossoms. But it also offers plenty of options for little ones. Here are some kid-friendly attractions and walking tours you won’t want to miss while visiting the old Japanese capital.
- Take a day trip to Nara, where you can visit the famous deer park, or imagine the samurai at Nijo-jo Castle, an Edo-era fortress that looks straight out of the pages of a children’s book.
- Visit the Kyoto Zoo, the second oldest animal park in Japan, home to a petting zoo and more than a thousand creatures in total.
- Book a small-group walking tour, which allows for a more intimate experience at sights like Fushimi Inari Shrine and can be personalized for younger travelers.
- Marvel at the wide variety of food items for sale at the Nishiki Market, a bustling hub of commerce in the city center.
- Take a train-themed visit to Kyoto Railway Museum, an institution that lets you explore 19 vintage steam trains and even ride one. Then head to Kyoto Station to observe the steam-train’s modern successor, the bullet train, in action.
- Hike amidst the bamboo groves of nearby Arashiyama, with a stop at the nearby monkey park.
- Visit Kyoto Studio Park, a working film studio that offers film sets, a haunted house, arcades, and various rides.
- Observe aquatic wildlife at Kyoto Aquarium, where you can see frolicking dolphins, penguins, seals, and more.
1 result | All Kyoto Tours
Sort by: Featured
Your child will get to experience different Japanese cultural activities during their time with us. Our friendly, English speaking staff will take care of your child. While your kids are with us, parents can enjoy sightseeing in a more relaxed manner. Local kids may join sometimes! Your kids can make friends with local kids and enjoy playing with kids from Japan. We have a morning class and an afternoon class. You can choose one or both!
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Kid-Friendly in Kyoto are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Kyoto may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Chion-in Tours & Tickets
- Kodai-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Eikan-do Zenrin-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Nanzen-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum Tours & Tickets
- Nakasendo Way Tours & Tickets
- Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine) Tours & Tickets
- Toei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura) Tours & Tickets
- Kyoto National Museum Tours & Tickets
- Teramachi Street Tours & Tickets
- Kamigamo Shrine Tours & Tickets
- Ryoan-ji Temple & Garden Tours & Tickets
- Myoshin-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Kyoto Tower Tours & Tickets
- Byodo-in Temple Tours & Tickets
- Pontocho Alley Tours & Tickets
- The Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi) Tours & Tickets
- Sagano Tours & Tickets
- To-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Hosen-in Temple Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture