Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
The Langkawi Cable Car is a great way to orient yourself upon arrival on Langkawi Island. The top station, which sits 2,323 feet (708 meters) above sea level, offers 360-degree views over the island and southern Thailand. Some tours to the cable car also include a visit to the Oriental Village or Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls, or an afternoon of island-hopping around Langkawi.
Recent reviews from experiences in Langkawi
Things to Know Before You Go
The cable car ride is a must-do for all first-time visitors to Langkawi Island.
If lines are long, plan to skip the middle station to save time waiting in line.
Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
The base station offers food concessions, bathrooms, and a prayer room.
Langkawi SkyCab is accessible to wheelchair users.
How to Get There
The easiest way to reach the Langkawi Cable Car is to hire a taxi; it’ll cost only a bit extra to have the driver wait while you enjoy the views.
When to Get There
For the best photos (meaning good light and fewer tourists), plan to arrive early—check the website for hours of operation—and be one of the first to board the cable car. Avoid visiting on local holidays or school vacations when Malaysian families turn out in droves.
The Langkawi Cable Car is part of the larger Panorama Langkawi. The two most popular attractions, in addition to the cable car, are the SkyGlide funicular and the Langkawi SkyBridge, a curved pedestrian bridge suspended about 328 feet (100 meters) above the surrounding forest.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
- Oriental Village Langkawi
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Galeria Perdana
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)