One of the oldest still-standing structures in Los Angeles, this National Historic Landmark was built in 1893 for mining millionaire and real estate developer Lewis L. Bradbury, who never saw the finished building; he died shortly before it was completed. While relatively nondescript from its red brick Romanesque Revival exterior and into its dim entrance, the beauty of the Bradbury Building is revealed as you climb its stairs toward a five-story Victorian atrium filled with light.
The interior staircase is inlaid with geometric designs cut from Belgian marble, and its wrought-iron grillwork was considered so ornate at the time of its completion that it was featured in the Chicago World’s Fair before being installed here. The walls are pale glazed brick, the staircases are rimmed with carved-wood edging, and the atrium is capped with a glass skylight, allowing light to fill the building throughout the day.
Always used as an office building for various professionals, businesses and government agencies, the building has also made prominent appearances in several books, music videos, TV shows and movies, including Blade Runner, where it served as Harrison Ford’s character’s apartment.
Tours and tickets to Experience Bradbury Building
What are Bradbury Building hours of operation?
Should I book Bradbury Building tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Bradbury Building 2021?
What's the best way to experience Bradbury Building?
- 2 Days in Los Angeles: Downtown LA, Hollywood and Rodeo Drive with Private Guide
- Private 3-Day Los Angeles Tour: Downtown LA, Hollywood and Santa Monica
- Full-Day Small-Group Los Angeles Tour By Luxury SUV
- Culture, Food, Art Tour of Downtown LA with Angels Flight Ticket
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona