Los Angeles Original Farmers Market Tours
A historic Los Angeles landmark, the Los Angeles Original Farmers Market is a bustling market of food stalls, eateries, prepared food vendors, produce markets, and much more. You can easily spend a morning or afternoon here browsing the more than 100 restaurants, grocers and tourist shops.
Opened in 1934, the Farmers Market is a popular destination for foodies in search of the market’s wide assortment of flavors and cuisines. The market started when a dozen nearby farmers would park their trucks on a field to sell their fresh produce to local residents. It quickly grew in popularity, especially when CBS Television City opened next door and began providing those working or visiting that television studio a convenient place to shop or eat.
You’ll find more than just food here. Buy bath and bodyworks, get a shave and a haircut at the Barbershop Club, find exotic candles, browse children’s clothes, find gifts and toys, browse designer and one-of-a-kind fashions, and bring home teas and jewelry. When a break from shopping beckons, you can marvel at some of the historic displays including Gilmore History Kiosk, Earl's Service Station, and the Farmers Market Clock Tower.
The Farmers Market and is located just south of CBS Television City, at the corner of 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue in the Fairfax District. It is also adjacent to The Grove outdoor shopping mall; an electric-powered trolley runs between the two sites. The market is also close to the myriad galleries of Museum Row, at Fairfax Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard.
40 Tours and Activities to Experience Los Angeles Original Farmers Market
Frequently Asked Questions
- Los Angeles Hop-On Hop-Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
- Grand City Tour of Los Angeles
- Private Luxurious Tour of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Highlights Full-Day Guided Tour
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona