Los Angeles Palisades Park
Stretching along Santa Monica’s Ocean Avenue from Colorado Avenue to San Vicente Boulevard, this outdoor, cliff-edge promenade overlooking the Pacific Ocean is one of Santa Monica’s star attractions. A meander of paved paths, rose gardens, fenced overlooks and grassy expanses, Palisades Park is a great spot for Westside people watching.
Home to a senior center, you’ll find lots of adorable elderly folk playing shuffleboard and walking tiny dogs, but this is also Ground Zero for outdoor yoga classes, vigorous trainer sessions and well-heeled trophy wives taking in the sea air. You’re bound to see artists behind their canvasses, capturing scenes of the nearby Santa Monica Pier and yawning ocean views.
Just a short lawn away from the bridge to the Santa Monica Pier, be sure to stop into the Visitors Center, which houses Santa Monica’s only Camera Obscura. There are picnic tables here, but as they tend to be magnets for (non-threatening) homeless people and runaway teenagers, you might be better off taking your lunch down to the beach itself.
Los Angeles Palisades Park Tours
Should I book Los Angeles Palisades Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Los Angeles Palisades Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Los Angeles Palisades Park?
- Private 3-Day Los Angeles Tour: Downtown LA, Hollywood and Santa Monica
- Private Coastal Tour of Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Malibu
- Santa Monica Scavenger Hunt: The Dessert of L.A.
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona