Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa) Tours and Tickets
The image of the art-nouveau cast-iron Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa) building is like a snapshot of the multiculturalism of Manaus as a whole. The building, inspired by Les Halles in Paris and constructed in 1882 during the Rubber Boom, is distinctly European, but when you step through the doors, there’s no mistaking you’re in the heart of the Brazilian Amazon.
As the city’s main market perched on the banks of the Rio Negro, vendors here sell a bit of everything, and for the visiting tourist, it’s a great place to sample exotic fruits, learn about traditional Amazonian medicines or shop for souvenirs, like leather goods and índio handcrafted items.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa)
- Rio Negro Palace (Palácio Rio Negro)
- Amazon Theatre (Teatro Amazonas)
- Church of San Sebastian (Igreja Sao Sebastiao)
- Manaus Palace of Justice (Palácio de Justiça)
- Museu do Índio
- Indian Museum
- CIGS Zoo
- Ponta Negra Beach (Praia de Ponta Negra)
- Meeting of Waters (Encontro das Aguas)
- Manaus Botanical Gardens (MUSA - Museu da Amazonia)
- Amazon River