Top Melbourne Hot Air Balloon Rides
Saved to wishlist!
10 results | All Melbourne Tours
Sort by: Featured
Soar over the Yarra Valley during the golden light of sunrise during an unforgettable hot air balloon flight. Float over the scenic landscape of gentle rolling hills and vineyards as day breaks across this beloved winemaking region. Upgrade to enjoy hotel pickup and a delicious sparkling wine breakfast at Balgownie Estate after touching down back on solid ground.
A hot air balloon ride offers visitors to Melbourne a new perspective over one of the most beautiful cities in the country. This balloon flight experience is made extra special by departing at dawn, giving travelers stunning views of Melbourne’s cityscape as the sun rises, the perfect addition to an Australian holiday for those seeking something memorable.
Get an enchanting new perspective on Melbourne aboard a hot air balloon flight over the city at sunrise. Soar over modern skyscrapers, urban parks, famous sporting arenas, and the Yarra River as early morning light bathes the skyline in a rosy glow. After your unforgettable flight, toast the new day with an optional champagne breakfast.
Spend a day immersed in the amazing animal kingdom at the Melbourne Zoo. Encounter native land species like koalas, wombats and kangaroos at the Australian Bush exhibit, and watch Victoria’s indigenous penguins and seals splash around at the Wild Sea. Admire creatures from around the globe, such as mighty Asian pachyderms at the Trail of Elephants and elegant African zebras and giraffes in open-air habitats. Don’t miss the energetic primates at Lemur Island and an elevated orangutan exhibit!
Spend a memorable day in the Yarra Valley, beginning with a magical hot air balloon flight at sunrise! Take in an unforgettable aerial perspective of the beloved region’s rolling hills and vineyards, and then enjoy a champagne breakfast back on solid ground. Tour four of the Yarra Valley’s premium wineries for cellar door tastings, and savor a gourmet lunch at the beautiful Balgownie Estate. Top off the day with a glass of bubblyat the esteemed Domaine Chandon winery.
Discover Australia’s wildlife and wines on a full-day tour to Healesville Sanctuary and the Yarra Valley. Depart Melbourne and head to Healesville Sanctuary where you get close views of native animals such as kangaroos, koalas, and emus. Continue your scenic drive to the Yarra Valley and arrive at a vineyard for lunch accompanied by a glass of wine. Afterward, tour the winery before moving on to De Bortoli Winery for a wine and cheese tasting.
Come face-to-face with Australia’s wild and wonderful creatures at the Healesville Sanctuary, a refuge specializing in native Aussie wildlife. With your general entry ticket valid all day, you can spend as much time as you want exploring the zoo and marveling over koalas, dingoes, wombats, wallabies and kangaroos. That’s not all: learn how Healesville was the first place in the world to breed a duck-billed platypus in captivity; watch a spectacular display of birds of prey and parrots; and peek behind-the-scenes at the animal hospital.
Discover Melbourne’s history and highlights on this guided Yarra River cruise. Float past the city’s towering skyscrapers and lovely urban gardens while learning about the transformation of this vibrant city from 19th-century port town to a modern cultural capital. Your sightseeing cruise takes you upriver and downriver for a scenic overview of attractions on both banks.
Spot Aussie icons like kangaroos, koalas and emu, as well as exotic beasts like lions, gorillas and meerkats on a thrilling family day trip to the Werribee Open Range Zoo. Hop on an open-window bus for a 40-minute safari tour and get up close to giraffes, rhinos, zebras, camels and more. Then, explore the rest of the park on foot, and walk the boardwalk above the hippo pool, enjoy zookeeper talks and presentations, or make the most of the kid’s play areas.
Soar over the Yarra Valley wine region in your very own private hot air balloon and watch the sunrise over the patchwork of vineyards and orchards below. After taking to the skies for your romantic dawn flight, celebrate your safe landing with a decadent Champagne breakfast at the Balgownie Estate.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne?
What Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne are taking additional safety precautions?
These Melbourne experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Melbourne may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Unique Experiences
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Grampians National Park Tours & Tickets
- National Gallery of Victoria Tours & Tickets
- ArtVo Tours & Tickets
- Scienceworks Tours & Tickets
- Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Crown Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Yarra River Tours & Tickets
- Flemington Racecourse Tours & Tickets
- Wilsons Promontory National Park Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Regent Theatre Tours & Tickets
- Station Pier Cruise Ship Terminal Tours & Tickets
- Daylesford Tours & Tickets
- Loch Ard Gorge Tours & Tickets
- Marvel Stadium Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) Tours & Tickets
- Lygon Street Tours & Tickets
- Australian Ballet Tours & Tickets
- South Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Polly Woodside Tours & Tickets
- Como House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong
- Melbourne to Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park