Harlem Jazz Tours in New York City
The roots of jazz run deep in Harlem, a historically black Manhattan neighborhood that has played host to musical greats like Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, and Dizzy Gillespie, among others. Here are some ways to explore Harlem's jazz scene.
Take a jazz tour to discover Harlem hot spots of the past and present, including Minton's Playhouse, the Cotton Club, the Apollo Theater, and the Savoy Ballroom.
Put Harlem's jazz scene into context on a culture-themed walking tour exploring the Harlem Renaissance and the Civil Rights Movement.
Combine great music and delicious food on an excursion offering a family-style, soul-food dinner followed by a live jazz performance.
Retrace the history of legendary artists such as Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, and Duke Ellington and learn about their influence on New York City jazz culture.
Get a glimpse of Harlem's present-day arts scene with an intimate jazz performance held inside a historic neighborhood brownstone.
Learn about African American musical heritage beyond jazz during a gospel-themed visit to a Harlem church.
4 Tours and Activities | All New York City Tours
- Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July in New York City
- New York City Walking Tours for Foodies
- New York City for Foodies
- How to Find the Best Pizza in New York City
- Ice Skating in New York City
- Ways to Celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve in New York City
- Things to Do in New York City This Winter
- Harlem Jazz Tours in New York City