How to Spend a Rainy Day in New York City
Sure, it would be great if New York City always featured clear skies and warm weather, but like (almost) everywhere, rain does grace the Big Apple on occasion. Here's how to make the most of rainy days during your NYC vacation without getting wet.
- Spend the day onFifth Avenue at some iconic department storessuch as Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Check outNew York City's legendary museums: the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the American Museum of Natural History are just a few (choose a skip-the-line tour to get out the rain even faster).
- Head to the Chelsea Market or Eataly tosample a variety of artisan foods.
*Catch a Broadway show, or see a play at the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts.
Take abus tour—general, themed, and hop-on-hop-off bus tours are great ways to see the city while staying dry.
Take in moving exhibits at the9/11 Memorial & Museumor the Ground Zero Museum Workshop.
9 Tours and Activities | All New York City Tours
- Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July in New York City
- New York City Walking Tours for Foodies
- New York City for Foodies
- How to Find the Best Pizza in New York City
- Ice Skating in New York City
- Ways to Celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve in New York City
- Things to Do in New York City This Winter
- How to Spend a Rainy Day in New York City