Dubbed the Pearl of the South, Phuket is one of the world's most famous beach destinations.Thailand's largest and most visited island, the hot spot revolves around and thrives on tourism yet retains a spark of the real Thailand. Here are some of the best ways to spend three days in Phuket.
Access Freedom Beach with ease on one of the many island-hopping tours on offer—day trips save you the hassle of advance planning and grant you access to secluded beaches that are generally inaccessible by land. Tours typically transport you to up to five hard-to-reach spots—including Coral Island, where a shallow reef makes for excellent snorkeling opportunities. The tours usually include a Thai buffet lunch on the beach, and come with snorkel equipment.
Things to know before you go
- Freedom Beach offers a tranquil escape from the crowds of Patong Beach.
- Limited access options to the beach mean that it's a difficult place for travelers using wheelchairs and strollers to reach.
- Freedom Beach is home to only one restaurant serving hot meals and drinks.
- Sun loungers are available for hire.
How to get there
The easiest way to reach Freedom Beach is by longtail boat from the southern end of Patong beach. The beach is also accessible by car, with a public parking lot a short—but challenging—walk from the bay near Avista Hideaway Resort.
When to get there
Though Freedom Beach is open for 24 hours per day, the best time to visit southern Thailand is between November and April, where rain is highly unlikely and calm weather conditions are ideal for swimming.
Snorkeling at Coral Island
Home to both Long Beach and Banana Beach, Coral Island is a mecca for those looking for marine life. Shallow waters and an abundance of marine life—which includes tropical fish and stingrays—make for some of the region’s best snorkeling opportunities, while water sports and accommodation on both beaches offer respite from the busier mainland.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Freedom Beach?
What else should I know about attractions in Phuket?
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Phuket Simon Cabaret Show
- Patong Beach
- Bangla Road (Patong)
- Patong Boxing Stadium
- Big Buddha (Wat Chalong)
- Kata Beach
- Wat Chalong
- Phuket Bird Park
- Phuket Botanic Garden
- Phuket Weekend Market (Naka Market)
- Phuket FantaSea
- Chalong Bay Rum Distillery
- Nai Harn Beach (Naiharn Beach)
- Phuket Old Town
- Siam Niramit Phuket