Top Rome Kid-Friendly
- Step into costume at the Gladiator School of Rome for a hands-on (and kid-friendly) history lesson in ancient Roman combat near the Colosseum.
- See Romulus and Remus, Julius Caesar, and the Renaissance come to life at Time Elevator Rome, a multi-sensory theater experience that allows you to travel through time in the ancient city.
- Challenge the kids to a educationalÃÂ treasure hunt on a tour of Rome's Jewish Ghetto neighborhood, where monuments and artworks hold the special clues needed to win the game.ÃÂ
- Skip the line at the Colosseum on a guided, interactive tour of Ancient Rome with fun and games specially designed for children ages 7 to 12.
- Explore Rome after dark on a guided night tour of the city's illuminated sightsÃ¢ÂÂtheÃÂ pizza and gelato will keep kids happy past their bedtimes (just this once!).
54 results | All Rome Tours
* A traveler said: "This tour was absolutley amazing. We took our 9 year old son and he loved it. Alwx made it so interesting and yet so much fun at the same time. Pizza and icecream were amazing aswell. If you want your kids to find out about the history of rome this is definitely the way to do it."
* A traveler said: "After a misunderstanding (on Viator.com part NOT walk and eat Italy or Rome Kids) we had the best time ever. Our chef was so amazing and great with kids. We all learned so much and highly recommend this class!!"
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour with a very knowledgeable guide.....Thanks Lucilla. I have no problem recommending it."
* A traveler said: "The historic tour was a really good way to see the city’s most famous attractions in a fun and easy way. the guide also gives you some imformation about each place. The segways were easier to use than i thought they would be, and you get a lesson at the beginning to help you feel more confident."
* A traveler said: "This place was amazing. Just in awe of the artwork in the Vatican rooms. Our guide was very knowledgeable and very nice."
* A traveler said: "A beautiful performance in a warm atmosphere. Excellent opera singers ! Excellent pianist ! It was a lovely and memorizing evening during holidays."
* A traveler said: "We have taken Segway tours before but, this was by far the best to date. The guide was excellent. We stopped several times and the area was fully explained. We learned more about Rome on this visit that we have previously. We travelled at our pace and did not feel rushed in anyway whatsoever."
* A traveler said: "We absolutely loved this experience, we all learnt so much in a really fun and engaging way. We would love to go back."
* A traveler said: "The absolute best guide. My husband went along because I wanted to do this, he enjoyed it as much as I did. Way more than expected"
* A traveler said: "This was simply the most amazing trip. I really enjoyed seeing Civita di Bagnoregio more than anything else I saw in Italy. Admittedly, I had been to Italy once before and seen the big "must sees", so if you haven't been, maybe Civita is not where you want to start, but as a person who loves the road less traveled, this was TOPS - literally. This little city is situated seemingly at the top of the world. Our driver, Davide, was friendly and knowledgeable. His English was very good and he helped me along with my very poor Italian. He had a broad knowledge of the area philosophies, flora and fauna, history, customs, and food- which we talked about at length while he drove. We were free to roam the sites at both stops, so there was not a tour of Civita or Orvieto per se, but just strolling through these marvels was entertainment enough. Wonderful day trip from Rome!"
* A traveler said: "Total show was first class From start to finish Well worth seen Even for the non opera people Go and havd a great night Paul"
* A traveler said: "My 14 year old son really enjoyed the tour and we both learned a lot about mythology. Recommend it for families of different ages."
* A traveler said: "Our experience was positive from the very start, as our host was already waiting for us at the entrance. It was raining that day, so seeing her at the head of the line (which we skipped entirely) was a great comfort.Throughout the tour, she was very explanatory and patient with us. This was important, as we had a 2 year old infant in our party. Our host was extremely knowedgable about the entire Vatican. We would recommend this tour to anyone."
* A traveler said: "Matteo was awesome, and made this visit amazing for both my wife and I and our two kids, 5 and 10. Worth every penny!"
* A traveler said: "Simona is an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and made the tour kid friendly and fun with games. She made sure to find shade and lots of places to sit too! Thank you Simona!"
* A traveler said: "Really great guide a tour. Engaging for our kids age 6 and 8 while entertaining and educational for adults. The Vatican is mostly not air-conditioned and water breaks are few and far between - bring a big bottle of cold water on your tour!"
* A traveler said: "It was a hot day in July when we visited the Coliseum with our three children ages 4, 8 and 10. Our guide (Maria) did what I thought was impossible and kept them interested and engaged. The contest between kids and parents was a great way to keep them thinking. Maria is incredibly knowledgeable—she knows everything."
* A traveler said: "Our tour of the Da Vinci Museum was truly fascinating. Being able to book with Viator beforehand made our visit a pleasure. Accompanied by our two teenaged grandsons we marveled over each exhibit. We will definitely recommend this tour to friends and familoy."
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Great guide, Angelica. Very knowledgeable, very smart. Spend a lot of time explaining everything about the Colosseum and more. She was happy to give us more time than allotted to answer questions. Angelica is upbeat and a pleasure to be with."
* A traveler said: "Very interesting, Simona was able to keep our (very active) 7 year old entertained for 3 hours with a treasure hunt while teaching him (and us) a lot!"
* A traveler said: "One of the most informative and engaging tour guide who was passionate about Michaelangelo! Thank u!"
* A traveler said: "Anna our tour guide was fabulous! It’s been days and our three girls are still talking about how much fun they had with her! Fabulous tour!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ancient Ostia (Ostia Antica)
- Gladiator Museum
- Domus Augustana
- Saint Angelo Bridge Methodist Church (Chiesa Metodista di Ponte Sant'Angelo)
- Palazzo Altemps
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Mostra di Leonardo)
- Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)
- Rome Corsini Palace (Palazzo Corsini)
- Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins (Santa Maria della Concezione dei Capucchini)
- Piazza del Popolo
- Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)
- Via Cola di Rienzo
- Palatine Museum (Museo del Palatino)
- Basilica di San Lorenzo in Lucina
- Via Margutta
- St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)
- Church of the Gesù (Chiesa del Gesù)
- Hard Rock Cafe Rome
- Piazza Venezia
- Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
Day Trips from Rome
- Rome to Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Rome to Florence
- Rome to Pisa
- Rome to Venice
- Rome to Vatican City (Citta del Vaticano)
- Rome to Turin
- Rome to Siena
- Rome to Sorrento
- Rome to Rome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)
- Rome to Salerno
- Rome to Umbria
- Rome to Perugia
- Rome to Arezzo
- Rome to Orvieto
- Rome to Lombardy
- Rome to Lazio
- Rome to Montepulciano
- Rome to Campania
- Rome to Amalfi
- Rome to Positano