Spanish Village Art Center
Visitors can watch artists at work, take an art class, or simply stroll through the courtyard to admire the multicolored tiles and browse artwork on display. It’s a nice way to break up a busy day of museum visits and other activities in the park. Balboa Park Segway tours often pass by the village, or book a private tour and choose the village as one of your customized stops to make sure you don’t miss it.
Things to know before you go
- There is no admission fee.
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk through the village and the rest of the sprawling park.
- Most artists prefer that you don’t photograph their art, whether you are a professional or just posting to social media.
How to get there
The Spanish Village Art Center sits at the corner of Zoo Drive and Village Place, just west of Park Boulevard. It’s accessible via the city buses that run along Park Boulevard.
When to get there
The village is open every day from late morning to late afternoon. Many events take place during the year, such as live art demonstrations and sales for the different artist guilds.
- San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat)
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego History Center
- Inez Grant Parker Memorial Rose Garden
- Fleet Science Center
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRM)
- San Diego Museum of Art (SDMA)
- El Prado
- Mingei International Museum
- Old Globe Theater
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- San Diego Museum of Man (SDMM)
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion
- Balboa Park