Tomales Point Tours and Activities
Tomales Bay, just north of San Francisco on the California coast, is a narrow inlet of water sheltered by a thin stretch of land. The tip of that land, facing out to sea, is Tomales Point — a peaceful place to experience the natural beauty of Point Reyes National Seashore.
Known for its fresh oysters and shellfish, Tomales Bay is a scenic spot separating Point Reyes Peninsula from the mainland of Marin County. Tomales Point is a hiking trail and natural park with direct access to the shoreline. The waters are typically serene and calm, making it a great spot to launch kayaks. Many bring a picnic and lounge at the beach area here, or alternately prepare for the 9.5 mile roundtrip hike through the surrounding nature.
Tule elk and seabirds are common wildlife sightings. The area is a quiet escape from the nearby city of San Francisco.
Tours and Activities to Experience Tomales Point
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon