Maruyama Park (Maruyama Koen) Tours and Activities
Set at the base of Maruyama Mountain in the western suburbs of Sapporo, Maruyama Park (Maruyama Koen) comprises 15 acres (6 hectares) of virgin and secondary forest filled with oak, magnolia, maple and Japanese katsura trees. Some 1,700 Hokkaido wild cherry trees also grow within the park, making it a particularly popular destination come springtime.
Predating the park itself is the Hokkaido Shrine, located at the north end of the park. Built in 1869, the shrine sees a steady stream of devotees, especially on New Year’s Day and the last day of winter, seeking the good graces of the four protective deities believed to be enshrined within.
Visitors to Maruyama Park will also find Maruyama Zoo on the grounds. The zoo houses around 200 species of plants and animals and includes a tropical bird aviary and an insect house.
Tours and Activities to Experience Maruyama Park (Maruyama Koen)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Half-day Sapporo city and nature Tour
- Sapporo Private Full-Day Tour with Local Licensed Guide
- Sapporo / Hokkaido Full-Day Private Tour with Government Licensed Guide
- Sapporo Photoshoot Service with an Experienced Photographer
- Things to do in Hokkaido
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanto