Olde Pink House
Yes, the Olde Pink House has amazing food, but there’s so much more to this grandiose house than simply the food on your plate. For one thing the building dates to 1771, and the land it sits on was once a land grant from the British Royal Crown. It was built as a mansion for James Habersham, one of the founders of modern Savannah, and a cotton factor who would eventually become one of the richest men in the South. Throughout the enormous, multi-storied mansion, you’ll find 18th century English antiques and Venetian chandeliers, and paintings of Georgia’s original founder, James Edward Oglethorpe. Downstairs, away from the fancy white linens, crystal, and polished silver spoons, is a wood-floored tavern that’s dimly lit and widely regarded as haunted. It’s here, some say, that James Habersham hung himself in 1799, though despite the somewhat grisly past, the tavern retains a romantic feel, and you can envision the officers and Civil War generals that gathered right here in these halls. For one lucky couple, there’s a single table inside the wine cellar that’s reserved for special occasions, though regardless of where you choose to dine, the southern comfort food is some of the best you’ll find in Savannah today.
Tours and tickets to Experience Olde Pink House
What are Olde Pink House hours of operation?
Should I book Olde Pink House tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Olde Pink House 2021?
What's the best way to experience Olde Pink House?
- Historic Savannah Guided Walking Tour
- Guided Sightseeing & History Walking Tour of Savannah
- Savannah Night-Time Ghost Walking Tour
- 10:00 pm Restless Souls Tour
Things to do near Savannah
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Florida