Fairmont Peace Hotel (Heping Fandian)
For hotel guests, the Fairmont Peace Hotel offers luxurious rooms and amenities, including indoor pool and spa. Visitors come here for the art deco décor; to take high tea in the Jasmine Lounge; to enjoy a meal overlooking the Bund; or to listen to the Old Jazz Band, who have been delighting jazz fans for decades. An on-site museum and heritage tour highlight the rich history of the hotel.
The Fairmont Peace Hotel is featured on a variety of sightseeing tours that focus on highlights along the Bund, a night on the town, or sights important to the Jewish heritage of Shanghai. Combine a stop here with a hop-on hop-off bus tour to visit top city sights at your leisure, or add a Huangpu River Cruise for some of the best views of the Bund and the modern skyscrapers of Pudong.
Things to Know Before You Go
Admission is free to the Peace Museum.
A Fairmont Peace Hotel History Tour is offered twice daily; reservations are essential.
There is a smart casual dress code for the restaurants and lounges, Jazz Bar, and Peace Museum.
The hotel is wheelchair-accessible in all public areas except the Mezzanine.
How to Get There
The Fairmont Peace Hotel is located on the Bund, next to Nanjing Road. Take metro Line 2 or Line 10 to East Nanjing Road Station. A number of buses also stop nearby.
When to Get There
When to visit the Fairmont Peace Hotel depends on what you want to do. Different restaurants and lounges have different opening hours. The Old Jazz Band performs nightly at 6:30pm and 9pm. The Peace Museum is open daily from 10am to 7pm.
The Peace Museum is a space dedicated to the history and heritage of the hotel. Collected items and memorabilia include art deco furnishings, silverware, porcelain, crystal, and antiques, as well as photos, newspapers, brochures, and books about the hotel and its celebrity visitors.
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Qingdao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Taipei
- Things to do in Jeonju
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Nanjing Road (Nanjing Lu)
- Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
- Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu Ta)
- Shanghai History Museum (Shanghai Lishi Bowuguan)
- Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA)
- Yuyuan Garden (Yu Garden)
- Shanghai Old City (Nanshi)
- Shanghai City God Temple (Chenghuang Miao)
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (Shanghai Chengshi Guihua Zhanshi Guan)
- Jin Mao Tower
- People’s Square (Renmin Guangchang)
- Shanghai Tower (Shanghai Zhongxin Dasha)
- Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
- Shanghai Museum (Shanghai Bowuguan)
- Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal