Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal
With so much to see in Shanghai, maximize your time by taking a group or private tour that will allow you to customize your itinerary. Highlights include the modern skyscrapers of Pudong, the classical buildings along the Bund, the charming Old French Concession area, classic Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, and trendy spots like Xin Tian Di and Tianzifang.
Those interested in food, shopping, art, culture, or history can find tours tailored for such interests. Day trips outside of Shanghai are also available, and popular options include Suzhou and water towns such as Zhujiajiao.
Things to Know Before You Go
The impressive Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal offers shops, restrooms, hotels, art centers, and more.
Cruise ship passengers who book a guided group tour may enjoy up to 15 days of visa-free travel; 144-hour and 24-hour visa-free programs may also be available.
Most shore excursions include port pickup and drop-off.
There are several cruise terminals in and around Shanghai; be sure you know which terminal your ship arrives and departs from.
Shore excursions to attractions outside of Shanghai, such as Suzhou or Zhujiajiao, can take upwards of 8 hours.
How to Get to Shanghai From Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal
The Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal is located north of the Bund in the Hongkou District in Puxi. It’s close to a number of popular Shanghai attractions, including the Bund, Nanjing Road, and the modern skyscrapers of Pudong. Taxis, buses, and trains are available for those traveling farther afield, while many shore excursions offer port pickup and drop-off.
The official language in Shanghai is Mandarin Chinese, but you may hear many other dialects and variations. English is not widely spoken, so if you venture away from the port on your own, it’s best to have your destination and cruise port written down in Chinese to show to taxi drivers. The official currency is the yuan (or RMB). ATMs are plentiful, and you can also exchange money at banks by showing your passport.
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Qingdao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Taipei
- Things to do in Jeonju
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (Shanghai Youtai Nanmin Jinianguan)
- Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA)
- Shanghai History Museum (Shanghai Lishi Bowuguan)
- Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu Ta)
- Jin Mao Tower
- Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
- Shanghai Tower (Shanghai Zhongxin Dasha)
- Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
- Fairmont Peace Hotel (Heping Fandian)
- Nanjing Road (Nanjing Lu)
- Yuyuan Garden (Yu Garden)
- Duolun Road
- Shanghai Old City (Nanshi)
- Shanghai City God Temple (Chenghuang Miao)
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (Shanghai Chengshi Guihua Zhanshi Guan)