Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
The three observatories in the World Financial Center building are on floors 94, 97, and 100. The 97th floor has an observation bridge, while the 100th floor features three transparent glass walkways and panoramic windows for 360-degree views of Shanghai. Find a mall with dining options on the lower levels and a Park Hyatt Hotel on floors 79 to 93.
Purchase admission tickets in advance to avoid waiting in line, or combine a visit to the World Financial Center with a tour. Tours with views of the building include a hop-on hop-off bus tour of Shanghai and Huangpu River dinner cruises. Many half-day, full-day, and evening sightseeing tour include a visit to one of its observation decks with other top Shanghai attractions. Or visit on a private customizable tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
The different observatories require separate tickets; a ticket can be purchased to access all three observatories.
Enjoy free WiFi in the public areas of the building.
The building is accessible to wheelchair users.
High-speed elevators take only one minute to reach the 94th floor.
How to Get There
The Shanghai World Financial Center is located on Century Avenue, in Pudong. By metro, take Line 2 to Lujiazui Station. You can also take bus 1, 81, 82, 86, 96, 119, 483, 792, 818, or 985 to Lujiazui Station. It’s also possible to take a ferry from the Bund across the river, and walk a few minutes to the World Financial Center.
When to Get There
Visit the World Financial Center’s observation decks, open daily from 8am to 11pm, on a clear day for the best views. Or, arrive just before sunset and stay for the nighttime views, when buildings on both sides of the Huangpu River light up.
Tallest Buildings in Shanghai
The Shanghai World Financial Center is located close to the other three tallest buildings in Shanghai, all of which also offer observatories. The tallest building is the Shanghai Tower. The other two are the Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower and Jinmao Tower.
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Qingdao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Taipei
- Things to do in Jeonju
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Jin Mao Tower
- Shanghai Tower (Shanghai Zhongxin Dasha)
- Shanghai History Museum (Shanghai Lishi Bowuguan)
- Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu Ta)
- Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA)
- Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal
- Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
- Yuyuan Garden (Yu Garden)
- Shanghai City God Temple (Chenghuang Miao)
- Fairmont Peace Hotel (Heping Fandian)
- Shanghai Old City (Nanshi)
- Nanjing Road (Nanjing Lu)
- Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (Shanghai Youtai Nanmin Jinianguan)
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (Shanghai Chengshi Guihua Zhanshi Guan)
- Shanghai Museum (Shanghai Bowuguan)