Armenian Church Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Built in 1835 by George D. Coleman, the Armenian Church of Saint Gregory the Illuminator is the oldest Christian church in Singapore. A towering all-white structure, the church is adorned with crafted pillars and features an entrance framed with classical pediments.
The church remains open to visitors and occasionally hosts art exhibitions and other events. The Armenian Church was designated as a national monument in 1973 and stands as a tribute to Singapore’s influential Armenian communities. Learn more about the history and architecture of the former church on a walking tour of Singapore’s colonial district or dive into the city’s spirituality by following the Christian Heritage Trail with a guide.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The neighboring Armenian Heritage Gallery is open by appointment only.
- The last regular services in the church halted in the 1930s, meaning that the structure is no longer an active place of worship.
- Photography is permitted throughout the complex.
How to Get There
The church is located on Hill Street, just off the busy Orchard Road. To get there by public transport, take the MRT to Bras Basah or City Hall stations. Public buses stop nearby at Armenian Church and Grand Park City Hall stops.
When to Get There
The church is open daily from mid-morning until early evening. Since services are no longer held, you can visit anytime during opening hours.
The Memorial Garden
The grounds of the Armenian Church house a tranquil Memorial Garden, where you’ll find tombstones of several famous Armenians in Singapore. The garden was not originally a cemetery; instead, these grave markers were relocated here in the 1970s from the Bukit Timah Cemetery.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Armenian Church
No results found!
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam