Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan) Tours and Activities
The oldest mosque in Singapore, the Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan), is located in the Malay-Muslim quarter of town. The sheen of the two distinguished golden domes that top it, as well as its colorful yet tasteful façade, has made it one of the premiere destinations for visitors of any faith.
Standing on a site totaling 44,228 square feet (4,109 square meters), the massive interior two-stories high can hold about 5,000 faithful Muslims, with separate conference rooms and auditoriums to seat many more. It is also decorated with handcrafted motifs, golden floral patterns and calligraphy to top it all with intricate design.
Having long been a hub for local commerce and art, the mosque is also known to have been the place of several historic events, including where several racial riots took place in the 1950s.
These days, planners organize frequent seminars here for prominent theologians and scholars. There are also occasional art showings, charity events and blood drives as well as opportunities to have an in-depth look into the Quran with novice level classes. Check the Sultan Mosque website ahead of time to see what might be happening when you are in town.
Located within walking distance from Victoria Street and Ophir Road, the mosque is accessible by the 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145 buses, or a short walk from the MRT station Bugis (EW12).
Tours and Activities to Experience Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Half Day or Full Day Private Custom Walking Tour of Singapore
- Private Full Day Singapore Highlights Tour with Private Vehicle,Lunch and Dinner
- Singapore City Bike Tour
- Private Cultural and Historical Singapore Food Tour with Local Hawker Centre
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam