Avalon Beach may have served as the backdrop for an episode of ‘Baywatch,’ but it’s the impressive waves, orange coral sands and 25-meter salt water rock pool that make this a hot spot among Sydney’s beach bums and surfers. Both longboarders and surfers share the gnarly waves, but there’s also plenty around here for land lovers as well. The Bangalley Headland Walk winds through a stretch of protected bushland known as the Careel Headland Reserve, and local rugby clubs host regular high-energy matches that are full of real Aussie spirit. There’s even a nearby nine-hole golf course for travelers looking to improve their line drive.
Avalon Beach Tours
Should I book Avalon Beach tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Avalon Beach 2021?
What's the best way to experience Avalon Beach?
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania