Extending out of Sydney Harbour’s north shore, Bradleys Head overlooks many of the sights of Sydney, and visitors flock here for views of the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Fort Denison. Many will come and linger with a picnic or a fishing spot, or take off on one of the many hiking trails. The popular Bradleys Head to Chowder Bay walk grants even better views of the bay, with the option to continue a longer walk onto the Split Bridge track.
The mast of the HMAS Sydney, a ship of the Royal Australian Navy that fought naval battles in World War I, is mounted on the headland as a memorial. Cannons left over from past defenses still stand, and the Athol Hall that once served soldiers their meals now operates as a modern cafe. Bradleys Head is part of the Sydney Harbour National Park, and offers a new perspective of the city.
Bradleys Head Tours
Should I book Bradleys Head tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Bradleys Head 2021?
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania