Powerhouse Museum Tours and Activities
Since 1879, the Powerhouse Museum has served as the main attraction for Sydney's Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences. Its impressive halls are filled with all things technological—from science and communication to transport and computers—even massive steam engines.
Jam-packed with more than 400,000 artifacts, this Sydney staple has become a destination for train lovers, engineers, computer nerds, scientists, and the curious. While the permanent collection is pretty incredible on its own, popular temporary exhibitions, such as those that have showcasedStar Trek,The Lord of the Rings, Fabergé and even singer Kylie Minogue, keep this classic museum contemporary and up to date.
Please note the museum is undergoing a staged closure from June 2020, and will be closing fully in June 2021 to relocate to a different Sydney location.
Tours and Activities to Experience Powerhouse Museum
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia