Local Experiences in Washington DC
America’s capital city is dotted with memorials, museums, and majestic monuments paying tribute to our nation’s past. It’s also a modern city of hip neighborhoods, a buzzing nightlife, and a palpable sense of power. Here are some ways to experience Washington DC like a local.
- Hop aboard a boat for alunch cruise along the Potomac River, passing DC landmarks, such as the Washington Monument, Woodrow Wilson Bridge, and Admiral’s Row, along the way.
*Pedal along the scenic Mount Vernon Trailfrom Old Town Alexandria to historic Mount Vernon on a self-guided bike tour.
Take your taste buds on afood tour through Little Ethiopia, home of the largest Ethiopian community outside Ethiopia.
Learn about DC’s vibrant African-American community and culture, including easy-to-miss street art and unmarked historic homes, during awalking tour of U Street.
*Rent a kayakand take in the sights and sounds of the Capitol Riverfront from the Anacostia River.
*Satisfy your sweet tooth on a pastry tourthrough Eastern Market in historic Capitol Hill, stomping grounds of historic figures and modern-day politicians.
9 Tours and Activities | All Washington DC Tours
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Local Experiences in Washington DC