Things to Do in Washington DC This Winter
Winter brings chilly weather to America’s capital, but that’s the perfect excuse for cozy days of museum hopping, indoor sightseeing, and bundled-up walks between monuments, plus you’ll have fewer crowds to contend with. Here are our tips for making the most of your wintertime Washington DC visit.
- Cruise between landmarks in an enclosedhop-on hop-off bus or trolley.
- Take an interior tour of theUnited States Capitol Building.
- Watch the city light up on a tour of DC’sholiday light displays.
- Explore theSmithsonian Museumswith an expert guide.
- Check out big views from the top of theWashington Monument.
- Learn theAfrican American Historyof Washington DC on a guided tour.
- Practice your decoding skills at theInternational Spy Museum.
- VisitArlington National Cemeteryfor a hop-on hop-off tour of key landmarks.
- Eat your way through U Street or Georgetown on afoodie walking tour.
- Discover the secrets of theNational Gallery of Art.
11 Tours and Activities | All Washington DC Tours
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Things to Do in Washington DC This Winter