Explore our promoted experiences
- Whale watching tour from Húsavík
- Cruise around Skjálfandi bay in North Iceland
- Spot minke, humpback, and orca whales in their natural environment
- Tuck into hot chocolate and cinnamon buns on-board
- Minimize your carbon footprint on a sustainable, carbon-neutral ship
- Choice of departure times available throughout the day
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at North Sailing ticket office in Husavik at least 30 minutes before departure. Just look for a brown glass building with whale drawings and green letters on top saying Whale Watching Centre. Across the street from the Husavik Church.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you approach the whales, listen as your guide tells you more about the magnificent creatures, and explains how the low-noise, low-energy ship is designed to cause minimal interference with their natural environment. If you’re lucky, spot minke, humpback, and orca whales, or even rarer breeds such as sperm whales, pilot whales, or mighty blue whales.
On the way back to shore, warm up with a hot chocolate and some delicious cinnamon buns.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- OPERATED BY North Sailing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands