- 7-hour combination tour from Akureyri
- Ride an Icelandic horse
- Watch for humpback whales on a scenic fjord
- Hotel pickup in Akureyri
- Instant Confirmation
Departure & Return
Please make your own way to Skjaldarvík Guest House where the horse riding part of this combo tour starts.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
If you’re a beginning rider, start by learning the basics of riding a horse, then follow a riding guide on a 1.5-hour, scenic tour of the area. Pack your bathing suit for this tour: if there’s time after your ride, you may have the chance to soak in the on-site hot tub before continuing to Eyjafjord.
Continue to the harbor in your own vehicle or the included transfer, then board a whale watching boat for a 1pm departure. Keep your eyes on the water during the 3-hour whale watching tour, and listen for the sounds of the humpback whales that travel to Eyjafjord each summer. It’s very likely that you’ll see whales on the tour, but if not, you’ll be invited back for a free whale-watching tour. This 7-hour tour concludes at Akureyri harbor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate is 12 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands