- Day trip to Catalina Island from Anaheim
- Enjoy views of the Southern California coast on a smooth ferry ride along the Gulf of Santa Catalina
- Take an optional zipline tour over the breathtaking hills and canyons near Avalon
- Option to include an Undersea Adventure or Ocean Runner tour
- This is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city!
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Aboard the ferry, enjoy the smooth ride to Catalina Island, just 22 miles (35 km) off the coast. As the boat sails away from the mainland, check out the fabulous views of the Southern California coastline receding in the distance.
Upon arrival in Avalon, the island’s largest city - if you have purchased an optional upgrade, you will make your way to that tour's departure point.
Avalon Scenic Tour
Take this guided scenic tour of Avalon and see the sights on a 50-minute, 7.5-mile (12-km) excursion that takes you up the hillsides, along the waterfront and through the center of town. The nonstop ride provides panoramic views and gets you oriented with Avalon and the attractions so you can better enjoy your time on Catalina Island. Learn about the island's history and heritage from your knowledgeable guide.
Go below the surface of the Pacific Ocean on this 45-minute underwater excursion. Come face-to-face with Catalina's abundant marine life as you cruise five feet below the surface in a spacious, climate-controlled cabin with a live guide who will highlight points of interest along the way. Everyone has their own seat and port hole but you are also free to move about the cabin as much as you like for different viewpoints.
Ocean Runner Experience
Head out into the Catalina Channel on a sturdy Ribcraft boat for an adrenaline-fueled one-hour tour. You may be able to spot dolphins and sea lions in the Pacific Ocean and along the coast! Learn about Catalina Island's history, heritage and landmarks from your knowledgeable guide. This will be a fast, fun and informative ride that offers another perspective on the natural beauty of Catalina Island.
Meet your expert adventure guide for a short safety briefing and orientation, then get fitted for a harness and helmet. Clip in and zip away, starting at the Hog's Back gate in the hills above Avalon. Travel on 5 consecutive lines, some at heights of 300 feet (91 meters) above the floor of Descanso Canyon. You'll reach speeds of up to 45 mph (72 kph), stopping at several eco-stations to learn about the island's history and ecology from your guide. End your 2-hour zipline adventure ends at Descanso Beach.
After your day ion Catalina Island, you'll board the ferry for the ride back to Long Beach, where you’ll be picked up and taken back to your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Zipline Requirements:
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Single passengers must be at least 10 years old and weight at least 80 lbs (36 kg)
- Children ages 5 to 9 must ride with a parent or guardian who is at least 18 years old
- Individual and combined weights on zipline cannot exceed 240 lbs (109 kg)
- Restrooms are not available while on Zipline tour
- Please note: passenger and weight restrictions are strictly enforced. Failure to meet these restrictions may result in cancellation without refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EZ Alliance dba Karmel Shuttle's EXTREME Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience