- Girona and Costa Brava tour from Barcelona
- Visit the rural fishing village, Calella de Palafrugell
- Relax on the beach or go for a swim
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
What To Expect
During some leisurely free time, see the great Cathedral, founded in 1038 on the site of a former Mosque, admire the spectacular Roman walls that defended the city from attackers, or travel back in time at one of Girona’s comprehensive museums.
Return to the vehicle and then head to Pals, a small city that grew from the foreboding fortress at its center. Continue to the charming fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell, and gaze at the dramatic hillside scenery as you travel past Begur, site of ancient castle ruins.
On arrival in Calella de Palafrugell, relish the picturesque tableau of whitewashed houses and pristine sandy beaches, and set off to explore the rugged coastline. Sink your toes into the soft sands of the beach, take a dip in the refreshing waters of the ocean, or absorb the botanical beauty of the cliff top gardens at Cap Roig.
Reconvene with your guide and group at a prearranged time, and relax during the journey back to Barcelona, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection.
- You will also have an opportunity to go swimming at Calella de Palafrugell, so if you want, bring your swimming costume and a beach towel.
- This tour is in English only.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Girona and Costa Brava Small Group Tour from Barcelona.
- "Try to make a reservation BEFORE you get there or else you will be eating gelato out of a stall instead of an actual meal." See review
- "I would recommend comfortable shoes as some of the stone walkways are old and hard on sandals." See review
- "The tour starts at 8.30am and you get back around 7pm so it’s a big day with about 1.5 hours travel each way but it is well worth it." See review