10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Leave Barcelona’s city sights behind you and venture into the Spanish hills on this private, full-day tour. Following pickup from your hotel, travel into the heart of Catalonia to the UNESCO-listed mountain of Montserrat. Explore Santa Maria de Montserrat, where ancient treasures await, then venture on to Spain’s so-called Cava Trail for a cellar tour and cava tasting at a winery. Receive the undivided attention of your personal guide on this private tour.
- Private day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat and a cava winery
- See the famous Black Virgin statue at the abbey on Montserrat
- Free time to explore Montserrat’s museum and scenic parklands
- Tour of the cellars and a tasting at a winery
- Private English-speaking guide ensures personalized attention
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
Montserrat Museum entrance fee (approx. 7 euros)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please remember to provide us with details of where you want to be picked up from if you do not want to come to the meeting point.
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat Spain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On certain weekends and during July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing.
- This tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona
8 hours 30 minutes
10 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursFood ToursSporting EventsBus ToursWine TastingsExtremeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBarcelona4WD Tours - CataloniaFood Tours - CataloniaSporting Events - CataloniaBus Tours - CataloniaWine Tastings - CataloniaExtreme - CataloniaFull-day Tours - Catalonia4WD Tours - TarragonaFood Tours - TarragonaSporting Events - TarragonaBus Tours - TarragonaWine Tastings - TarragonaExtreme - TarragonaFull-day Tours - Tarragona4WD Tours - GironaFood Tours - GironaSporting Events - GironaBus Tours - GironaWine Tastings - GironaExtreme - GironaFull-day Tours - GironaCategory
Arc de Triomf Tours & TicketsL'Eixample Tours & TicketsDiagonal Mar Tours & TicketsBarcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) Tours & TicketsGlories Tower (Torre Gories) Tours & TicketsPasseig de Gracia Tours & TicketsOtto Zutz Club Tours & TicketsCollserola Park (Parc de Collserola) Tours & TicketsMaricel Museum (Museu de Maricel) Tours & TicketsValltordera Medieval Castle (Castell Medieval de Valltordera) Tours & TicketsBodegas Torres Tours & TicketsGaudí Experience (Gaudí Experiencia) Tours & TicketsHard Rock Café Barcelona Tours & TicketsSt. Mary of the Sea Cathedral Tours & TicketsCasa Bacardí Sitges Tours & TicketsPort of Barcelona Tours & TicketsNova Icaria Beach (Platja de la Nova Icaria) Tours & TicketsEuropean Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) Tours & TicketsBotanical Garden of Barcelona Tours & TicketsIlla Fantasia Water Park Tours & Tickets