- Half-day tour of Normandy Battlefields from Bayeux
- See Sword Beach, where the D-Day landings began
- Explore the Hillman Bunker complex outside Colleville-sur-Orme
- Small-group tour by minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Bayeux train station and city center (la place de Québec)
What To Expect
After hearing of how courageous D-Day soldiers completed their difficult mission at Sword Beach, admire the coastal splendor of the sandy stretch and listen to tales of the heavy artillery fire that 28,000 soldiers came under. Spend some enriching time exploring the Hillman Bunkers and gain insight into the pivotal roles the concrete shelters played in the midst of the conflict.
Continue onto the Commonwealth Military Cemeteries to pay tribute to interminable rows of graves commemorating fallen soldiers, and take a moment of quiet reflection while reading moving epitaphs of each courageous fighter.
After a day of enriching exploration, return to your minivan and relax during the scenic journey back to Bayeux.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note that the tour departs from Bayeux - Normandy. There is no hotel pickup from Paris.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Normandy Battlefields Tour - Sword Beach and the British Airborne Sector.