- Afternoon tour to Normandy’s battlefield beaches from Bayeux
- Hear about the events of World War II and the D-Day landings from your guide
- Walk the lunar landscape of Pointe du Hoc
- Visit Omaha Beach, the bloodiest of Normandy’s WWII beaches
- See the graves of thousands of US soldiers at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Bayeux train station and city center
What To Expect
Return to the vehicle for the short drive to Omaha Beach and delve into the dramatic procession of D-Day events that unfolded on this beach. Stop at two points at either end of the sandy stretch to appreciate the scale of the expanse and then head to Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial to pay tribute to fallen American soldiers. Feel emotionally stirred as you stroll around Europe’s largest American cemetery and then venture to the Normandy American Cemetery Visitor Center to enrich your knowledge of the region’s history.
Browse exhibits that speak eloquently of the events that took place on Omaha Beach; listen to personal stories, narrative texts and interactive displays and appreciate the insightful nature of the museum.
Return to your vehicle after the explorative tour and then relax during the journey back to Bayeux.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note that the tour departs from Bayeux - Normandy. There is no hotel pickup from Paris.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Normandy Beaches Half-Day Trip from Bayeux.