8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Step back in time to June 1944 with a private day trip to Normandy’s D-Day beaches from Bayeux. With an informative local guide, hear insider tales of the World War II Allies’ landings and visit the key locations of Sword Beach, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc. See the Longues sur Mer German bunkers, visit Sainte-Mere-Eglise and the Airborne Museum, and enjoy lunch overlooking Arromanches beach, the site of Mulberry Harbour. As this is a private tour, your itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to suit your preferences.
- Private day trip from Bayeux to Normandy’s D-Day beaches, with air-conditioned minivan transport
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and customize your sightseeing trip to your interests
- Hear real-life stories of the landings from a guide whose family lived through the Nazi occupation
- Visit landing sites such as Omaha Beach, Sword Beach and Pointe du Hoc
- Have lunch by Arromanches beach and visit the American Cemetery and Longues sur Mer German batteries
- Visit Sainte-Mere-Eglise, where US paratroopers made a daring landing and visit the Airborne Museum
- Enjoy in-depth attention and personalized commentary from a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
DVD (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
BAYEUX or anywhere within 30 km of BAYEUX
- Carpiquet Airport, Caen France
- Capitainerie Caen Ouistreham, Terre-Plein de l'Écluse, 14150 Ouistreham, France
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Price is per car
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandytour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursAudio GuidesPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportBayeuxShore Excursions - NormandyBus Tours - NormandyAudio Guides - NormandyPorts of Call Tours - NormandyHistorical Tours - NormandyFull-day Tours - NormandyCategory
Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)Longues-sur-MerLace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach) Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)Brittany (Bretagne)Sainte-Mere-EgliseBaron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War CemeteryArdenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)Sword BeachBayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)Mulberry Harbour