- Travel to the Bay of Arcachon, known for its oysters and home to Europe's largest sand dune
- Visit two châteaux in the Médoc wine region for vineyard tours and wine tastings paired with small bites
- Learn about the Bordeaux region from your knowledgeable guide
- Picnic lunch and all tastings included
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of Bordeaux Tourist Office Please be there 5 min before tour departure (8.25am)
What To Expect
Your first stop a the Bay of Arcachon is Pyla Dune (Dune du Pyla), Europe's largest sand dune. Join your guide for an invigorating hike to the top, affording you excellent views over the bay, the Atlantic Ocean and the Landes Forest.
Descend the dune and climb back into the minivan for a driving tour of some of the charming bay-front towns, followed by a visit to one of the famous local oyster farms. There, meet an oyster farmer to hear about the traditional cultivation methods they still use today while you sample a half-dozen fresh Arcachon oysters. Wash it down with some white wine.
Return to Bordeaux for a picnic lunch with the group before the start of the afternoon tour.
Médoc Wine Tour (afternoon)After an enjoyable lunch, get back into the minivan for the scenic drive along what's known as the Château Route in the Médoc wine region. Pass famous wine châteaux like Mouton-Rothschild, Latour or Margaux, and enjoy a few stops en route for photos as you learn more about Bordeaux wine from your guide.
Stop at the first of two winery visits of the afternoon at a family-run château for a tour of the vineyard, traditional vat room and cellar. Learn what it takes to properly taste wine and try your new skills as you taste some of the château's wines.
The next stop is one of the most distinguished classified growth châteaux in the region. Though the precise château you visit will vary depending on the day, it may include Lagrange, Siran, Chasse-Spleen, Gruaud-Larose, Lascombes or Lamarque. At the second château, see both the vineyards and vat room as you hear about what it takes to make these esteemed wines. Sample the estate's wines with some traditional French hors d'oeuvres such as freshly baked bread, cured meats and local cheeses.
Return to Bordeaux in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes are recommended for this tour
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18
- Minimum age is 10 year
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "A great way to explore the surrounds of Bordeaux with a very hospitable and knowledgeable guide- bravo Vincent!" See review