- Katherine Gorge day tour from Darwin
- Visit Adelaide River War Cemetery
- Take a swim at Edith Falls
- Delicious lunch
- Enjoy a 2-hour cruise through Katherine Gorge
- See crocodiles sunning on the banks of the river
- Tour the township of Katherine the hub of the cattle and farming industries
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Once inside the park, take a refreshing swim in the natural rock pool at the base of Edith Falls (weather conditions permitting). Enjoy a picnic lunch amidst the serene and picturesque surroundings.
In the afternoon, embark on a 2-hour cruise down the river that winds between the sheer sandstone cliffs of Katherine Gorge. Learn about the area’s geologic history from your guide, and catch a glimpse of ancient Aboriginal rock art on the gorge walls. Keep an eye out for native wildlife including turtles, colorful birds and even crocodiles sunning on the riverbanks!
Hop back on the coach for a brief tour of the township of Katherine, heart of the Northern Territory’s cattle and agricultural industries. On the return drive to Darwin, pass through the historic gold mining town of Pine Creek and stop in Adelaide Creek for dinner at a local restaurant (own expense). Your full-day tour concludes with drop-off at your Darwin hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- During the booking process you will be required to choose your hotel pick-up details. If your hotel does not appear in the drop down list the supplier does not pick-up from your hotel and you will be required to contact the supplier to arrange a suitable alternative
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit. If travelling with a wheelchair, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure your wheelchair can be accommodated.
- If travelling with an infant that requires a stroller, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure the can be accommodated.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Special diertary requirements must be advised prior to travel to ensure your needs are catered for at lunch
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Good tour guide but unnecessary stop at Pines Creek on the way to gorge." See review
- "Very long day, home at 9pm but was worth it.!" See review
- "Suggest offer an "express tour" with coffee/drinks/ snacks/ lunch packs on board..allow for toilet breaks of course, with the sole destination being the gorges!" See review