- Visit a historical food market in Florence to shop for ingredients and sample food and wine
- Travel to a farmhouse in the Tuscan countryside for a cooking lesson with a local chef
- Savor Chianti wine and other local varietals alongside your creations
- Receive a cooking diploma and the recipes
Departure & Return
Check-in 8:45 am - Your guide will be holding a WALKABOUT sign, right by the taxi stand, just outside Santa Maria Novella train station Return: Santa Croce area
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb aboard a minibus and journey into the Tuscan hills and drive to a rustic farmhouse. Under the guidance of an expert chef, prepare a full Tuscan meal. Discover the culinary secrets behind Tuscan cuisine, from slow-cooked meat sauces to whipping up Italian pasta from scratch. Everything you make is seasonal but some dishes include roast pork, bruschetta, and tiramisu.
Finally, reward yourself with your 4-course meal. Complement your delicious food with Tuscan wine and good conversation. Return to central Florence and receive all the recipes by email so you can impress family and friends back at home with your Italian dishes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We regret that vegetarian or other alternative dietary requirements cannot be catered for
- On Sundays and public holidays there is no visit to the San Lorenzo Mercato Centrale (instead there will be a visit of the vegetable garden at the estate where you can pick the fresh ingredients)
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walkabout
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Just note there is a little bit of walking and standing so wear comfortable shoes." See review
- "If you have issues walking this may not be for you as there is a good deal of walking around the market and to the bus." See review
- "Be aware that there is some walking involved - about a mile and most on flat surfaces" See review