- Small-group truffle and wine experience from Florence with lunch
- Travel to the forests around the medieval hill town of San Miniato in Tuscany
- Meet a truffle hunter and his dog for a truffle hunt in the woods
- Savor a light 2-course lunch, including tagliolini al tartufo
- Sample Chianti and Super Tuscan wine at an estate in the Chianti hills
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Piazza Cavalleggeri Florence in front of the Biblioteca Nazionale ( The National Library)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Venture westward to the Tuscan town of San Miniato, renowned for the white truffle found in its surrounding woodlands. This impressive town not only supplies the most precious and aromatic truffles, but is also said to provide close to 80 percent of the world's most desired gourmet products.
Upon entering the forest, meet your truffle hunter and his companion, a canine equipped with specialized training to seek out the truffles. Follow the pair through the woods on a leisurely walk as the dog scans under the forest floor. You know when you’ve struck gold: watch as the dog begins to dig until the delicacy is unearthed.
Afterward, reunite with your driver and relax with a 2-course lunch at a local truffle shop. Treat your taste buds to a truffle-based appetizer, before savoring a fresh truffle pasta accompanied by local wine.
With appetites sated, continue to a winery in the world-famous region of Chianti. Join your winemaker host and learn about the process behind the flavorful blends that you sample, including Super Tuscan and the estate’s Chianti DOCG.
Your tour concludes with a smooth ride back to Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please make a note of any specific dietary requirements in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Italy and Tour Sas
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience