5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Aran Islands are renowned for their ancient ruins and rugged landscapes, but you don’t have to take a guided tour. Enjoy a self-guided visit to the island of Inis Oirr with round-trip boat transfers from Doolin, a choice of departure times, and plenty of free time to discover the island at your own pace.
- Round-trip boat transfer to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin
- Cruise past island landmarks such as the Plassy shipwreck, O’Brien’s Castle, and Dun Formna fort
- Rent a bike, hike along the coast, or ride a pony trap around the island
- Choose from multiple departure times throughout the day
- Self-guided tour offers greater flexibility
Saved to wishlist!
Parking - additional fees apply: €1 for up to 2 hours; €5 for 2-30 hours; €15 for parking up to one week (bring coins)
Departure & Return
Doolin Pier, Ballaghaline, Doolin, Co. Clare, Ireland
Departure Point: Doolin pier
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if ferry is missed due to passengers arriving late or non-arrival
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please remember to bring coins as there are parking charges at Doolin pier (max 5 euros per day)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to Health and Safety restrictions, during the exceptionally busy weeks between JULY 17 - AUGUST 22 NO BICYCLES WILL BE CARRIED. Outside of those dates, you must contact us to pre-arrange space for your bicycle, and we will do our best to accommodate you if space allows. Tel: +353 65 7075949
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 190 travelers
- OPERATED BY Doolin2Aran Ferries
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Round-trip boat transfer to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Round-trip boat transfer to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Round-trip boat transfer to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Round-trip boat transfer to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin
6 hours 45 minutes
10 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursDay CruisesHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingGalwayWater Tours - Western IrelandDay Cruises - Western IrelandHalf-day Tours - Western IrelandWater Tours - ShannonDay Cruises - ShannonHalf-day Tours - ShannonWater Tours - LimerickDay Cruises - LimerickHalf-day Tours - LimerickCategory
Dunguaire Castle's Medieval Banquet Tours & TicketsGalway Bay Tours & TicketsGalway Cathedral Tours & TicketsKylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden Tours & TicketsGalway Atlantaquaria Tours & TicketsLough Corrib Tours & TicketsRoundstone Harbor Tours & TicketsThe Spanish Arch Tours & TicketsGalway Arts Centre Tours & TicketsGalway City Museum Tours & Tickets