- Visit Port Arthur Historic Site
- Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade, 2km)
- See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
- Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
- Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory
- Visit historic Richmond Village
- Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
See the highest sea cliffs in Australia and sweeping views from Pirates Bay Lookout. Continue to the rock formations known as Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen, then take a short guided walk on the cliff top trail to Waterfall Bay, designated one of the 'Great Short Walks' of Tasmania.
Next up, have four hours to explore the Port Arthur Historic Site on your own. Your entrance ticket to the World Heritage Site includes a guided walking tour with one of the expert staff guides and a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead. Walk among buildings of the main prison, check out the solitary confinement cells and more in this open-air museum. You'll gain insights into the grim history of the early Australian penal system, and learn about the convicts that passed their time in this notorious prison.
Return to Hobart via the historic township of Richmond Village. Stop there to stroll around the streets of the picturesque village and walk across Australia’s oldest sandstone bridge, built by convict labor with stone quarried at Butchers Hill.
Near Hobart, stop at a local lookout for a fabulous view of the city and Mt Wellington before returning to your starting point where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
- Tour operator provides accurate interpretation, and keeps wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours Tasmania
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff