1 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Explore our promoted experiences
Book in advance to visit Schynige Platte by vintage cogwheel train. While the mountain ridge is spectacular, the journey to get there is the main draw and this option makes it easy for you. With your prebooked ticket, you’ll board the historic train at Wilderswil at a convenient time for you, then relax as the train climbs through the rugged landscapes of the Bernese Alps. Hike, soak up the views, and try Swiss specialities at the summit level restaurant before your descent.
- Exchange your booking voucher at Wilderswil station for minimum hassle
- Relax on a nostalgia-filled journey through the alps by 19th-century train
- Time your visit to catch the sound of the alphorns, played around midday
- Use your time at Schynige Platte to visit the Botanical Alpine Garden
Saved to wishlist!
Railway to Schynige Platte
Food and drinks
Hotel pick up and drop off
Departure & Return
Departure PointSchynige Platte, 3812 Switzerland
1 June 2018 – 28 Oct. 2018, daily
30 May 2019 - 27 Oct. 2019, daily
7.25am to 4:45pm
The train departs every 40 minutes from Wilderswil station.
Last descent from Schynige Platte at 5.53pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please print your voucher to exchange at Wilderswil Railway Station
- Infants travel for free
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Schynige Platte
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 59266P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesInterlakenNature and Wildlife - Swiss AlpsAttractions & Museums - Swiss AlpsCategory