- Learn about Japanese traditions and customs in Kamakura
- Experience sutra tracing and Buddhist zazen meditation
- Take part in a traditional tea ceremony with matcha and sweets
- Enjoy a personalized experience with your own tour guide
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Kamakura Station.Your guide will be holding a sign of the otomo guide.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- We have not included any particular lunch/dinner places in this tour, but you are welcome to stop for a break and eat whenever and wherever you like.
- This tour is not recommended for children. There is no speaking allowed in the vennues for sutra tracing and meditating.
- No need to worry if you cannot kneel for sutra tracing, as this will be experienced sitting on a chair.
- Please come dressed in comfortable and approprite clothing for zazen meditation.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 2800)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY otomo travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands